Kale with Ginger Garlic Lime Dressing
Kale with Lime Ginger Garlic Dressing
Perfect as-is for Pitta; to make more digestible for Kapha or Vata, cook the kale.
- 1 head of kale, roughly chopped
- 3 inches of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of pressed garlic
- Juice from one large lime
- ¼ cup of sesame or olive oil
- ½ cup of chopped peanuts
- Prepare all ingredients as noted above.
- Heat oil and add garlic, ginger and nuts over medium heat. Cook until garlic and ginger are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice; pour over the kale. Stir to coat the kale; this is a great salad to let sit overnight as it softens the kale.
Great additions include cranberries and shredded carrots. If you want to cook the kale, follow steps one and two, then add the kale to the pan and heat for five minutes. Remove from heat and serve.