Best for Vata and Kapha doshas
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. regular chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, pureed
- 1 6oz. can of organic tomato paste
- 1 15oz can of organic tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans
- 1 15oz can chili beans
- 2-3 cups of water
- Pour olive oil into a medium pot on medium heat; add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until fragrant (3-5 minutes).
- Add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mix well and simmer for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for additional 30 minutes.
- We have a divided household! Some of us enjoy this over rice and some of us prefer corn bread. =)